SAP is the global market leader in enterprise applications software. The full name of the company stands for Systems, Applications and Products in Data Processing, and with more than 176,000 customers over 50 countries worldwide, SAP has a clear company mission to:
‘… help companies of all sizes and industries to run better. Our vision is to help the world run better’ (SAP.com).
SAP offers many software solutions, including analytical applications, financial management, human resource management and supply chain management. These solutions are across a wide range of industries including defence, mining, retail and logistics.
- Because these applications turn business data into business intelligence, they give businesses an advantage, especially as the analytical applications are custom-designed for different industries. These solutions are also able to take into account KPIs and check the performance of the business against sector KPIs.
Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Solutions include automation of risk management and compliance, from small SMEs to global enterprises. SAP also offers solutions to aid businesses to set sustainability goals and track their achievements against these.
- BO as it is known links closely to the analytical Application suite and enable businesses to question their existing IT systems to meet their future business needs and SAP offer solutions to collate information across the organisation, as well as leveraging existing investments such as Microsoft and IBM.
- SAP software offers cash flow management for any size of business and because their solutions are modular, they are customisable to meet the needs of any business, including SMEs.
- Customer Relationship Management tools are essential to deliver that unique customer experience. Brand management, e-marketing and loyalty management are just some of the ways that SAP CRM can enable any type of business to stay focused on its customers.
- SAP supply chain management software allows businesses to plan, distribute and transport supplies. The solutions also allow businesses to adapt to a constantly changing market, including available-to-promise software that allows businesses to delivery on time to customers.
SAP solutions are available through a network of international subsidiaries. SAP develops custom solutions easily, with an approach of offering both on-premises and on-demand solutions. This ensures that they meet the requirements of any business.
The SAP website, SAP.com, gives an overview of their extensive software solutions, case studies and user videos as well as key contacts for further advice.